Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Kind Words

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echos are truly endless." Mother Teresa

Today I am grateful for kind words. As Rob and I go through the trial of loosing our son, we have been blessed to have great family and friends beside us. I am not sure that anyone will know how much the power of love and support we have felt has done for us. Amongst the many cards, letters and phone calls, I seem to recall the simple, loving, kind words most often. "Just wanted you to know we care," or "We are thinking of you and your beautiful son," or "You are in our prayers." Simple, but kind words that have helped so much. It was and is the visitors and phone calls that are short, but sincere that I don't dread answering. I appreciate the people who just listen at times, and understand at other times that I don't want to talk at all. It's the people that want to hear about our sweet Branson that I love to talk to, "Tell me about Branson, how big was he? What did he look like? What feature do you remember most? What was your favorite moment with him?" These are just a few of the things I love to talk about. So as I reflect on the kind words that "echo" in my mind, I am grateful for all the awesome people in my life who love me, Rob, and Branson. Thank you!

2 comments:

Gordon said...

Dearest Natalie,
It is early Sunday morning..I just read your e-mail and went to your blog. Thank you for sharing your heart with me, I needed it badly as I have struggled with my desire to help you and support you and Rob. I have worried and prayed about you and I am so grateful to know that my prayers have been answered. I am so grateful to read and feel the love you have for Branson and for the eternal perspective you have been blessed with. You are both so awesome and I rejoice and thank the Lord that I was ever considered worthy to have your association in this life. My heart swells with love and gratitude for you. I pray that the Lord and Branson will continue to bless you with insight and understanding that will instill upon your heart and soul as the dews from heaven as they come "line upon line, hear a little there a little until the day when you can look at each other and say "it seems like he was never gone".
I love you both more than I can say, I am proud of how you are moving forward with faith even when you cannot have understanding. I guess that is truely the essense of faith.
Love Dad

Jackie A. said...

As I read this and cry I'm reminded of the words to the song "Let Us Oft Speak Kind Words" Pg. 232. I love that song, it's so true and I've tried to live my life by it's teachings. "Oh, the kind words we give shall in memory live and sunshine forever impart. Let us oft speak kind words to each other, Kind words are sweet tones of the heart." The hymns teach beautiful lessons. I've found that most all of God's children are so hungry for someone to just validate them and give them a kind word and a smile. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. Love, Mom