Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas With Jesus

I’M SPENDING CHRISTMAS WITH JESUS CHRIST THIS YEAR

I see the countless Christmas trees
Around the world below.
With tiny lights, like heaven’s stars
Reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so spectacular,
please wipe away that tear,
for I’m spending Christmas
With Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs
That people hold so dear.
But the sounds of music can’t compare
With the Christmas choir up here.

For I have no words to tell you
The joy their voices bring.
For it is beyond description
to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart.
For I’m spending Christmas
With Jesus Christ this year.

I can’t tell you of the splendor
Or the peace here in this place
Can you just imagine Christmas,
With our Savior, face to face?

I’ll ask Him to light your spirit
As I tell Him of your love.
So then pray for one another
As you lift your eyes above.

So please let your hearts be joyful
And let your Spirit sing,
For I’m spending Christmas in heaven
And I’m walking with the King!

--Author Unknown--

Merry Christmas little guy...we miss you more than words can say, but we take comfort in knowing that you'll be having a spectacular Christmas with Jesus this year! We know that you'll be consumed with love, joy, and peace as you celebrate this special birth in Heaven. I pray that we'll feel you close as we too celebrate the birth of a king! We love you!

Thank you Heather for this beautiful poem that has brought me so much peace at this time of year.

2 comments:

Jackie A. said...

Dear Sis and Rob;
I logged on to this site this morning before beginning my Christmas Eve Day preperations so that I could read your other postings again and have time by myself to just contemplate and think about little Branson and dedicate some time to him. I was thinking one day last week about this poem that I had heard parts of once before and then had no idea what the whole thing was. Thank you for putting it here, it is a beautiful poem. It rings true to my spirit and brings me peace. Merry Christmas our Little Branson! We Love You.....Love Grandma

Gordon said...

To my dearest Rob and Natalie,
As Christmas eve day dawns I wanted to start the day with prayer and thinking of you and Branson. The best place to start that process is to look for an update on your blog site. I loved it, I am grateful for the very important part it plays in the healing process for us all.
I wanted to share a thought and increased understanding that I had as I listened to a cd this week in my travels. I am sure I am just slow in my understanding of The Atonement, but because of Branson's birth and the experience we have all had with that I have a new understanding and appreciation for the depth and breadth of the far reaching effects that it has wrought in all of our lives. I KNOW and HAVE FAITH that The Atonement covers the pain that comes with missing Branson and that it CAN and WILL heal the broken heart, the aching arms and that "enough" understanding will also come to give us all added faith and strength to follow Branson's example and fill our lives with service and being true and faithfull to our covenants and fullfilling our mission hear in this life so that when it is finished we can have the privilege of meeting Branson again never to be seperated again. This added insight about the Savior will make a very special Christmas for me this year and I hope for you as well.
Love Dad